Friday, October 9, 2009

PC medical clearance update!

I submitted my medical paperwork on September 30th. Two days ago, Oct 7th, I had an update on my toolkit: "Complete. Peace Corps has completed your dental review. There are no dental holds on your account at this time."

Today I log on and this came up: "Peace Corps received the results of your physical exam on October 8, 2009. If the program you are nominated for is not scheduled to leave in the next 4 months you may not hear from Medical until the time of departure is closer. Currently those programs scheduled to leave in the next 4 months are being reviewed. For applicants leaving within 4 months Peace Corps may request additional medical information. Please respond quickly to these requests."

My nomination is for June 2010 so I guess this is what everyone refers to your patience being tested by all the waiting! If they don't review your medical packet until 4 months prior to departure date, I won't hear anything again until February or so. Ahhhh!!! (breathe in, breathe out... I just need to remind myself to do that!)

How is everyone else doing on their timeline?

Peace!

7 comments:

Justine Lily said...

Hey! My name is Justine...I also got my "your physical has been received" checkmark on October 8th. I turned in my sent my packet out on the 2nd. Even those small steps are soooo exciting, at least we are getting there :-). So when/where are you nominated? Just curious...I am also getting pretty antsy!

Andrea said...

Hey Justine!

I'm nominated for a Business Advising program in francophone West Africa leaving late June 2010. That's all I know for now!

What about you?

Ashleigh said...

Congrats on the dental clear! :) That's crazy you have to wait so long to hear back about the rest tho! Breathing is always a good strategy.

I've got my interview next week! I'm so anxious, but very excited! :)

Well hope you don't have to wait too long, and good luck with everything else! Cheerio.

Andrea said...

Thank you very much! I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear from them again.

Good luck on your interview next week! Just be yourself and always keep in mind why you're doing this in the first place.

Peace!

Jessica said...

I submitted my medical paperwork in July and was medically cleared in August even though I don't leave until June 2010 either! Keep your fingers crossed and maybe you won't have to wait too long!

Annie said...

I am in the same boat you are! I am nominated to leave in June also. I can handle the waiting, but when people ask me how it is going and I have to tell them I am STILL waiting, that is when I get anxious! Thanks for posting your update, it is good to know I am not the only person waiting! Best of Luck

Anonymous said...

I'm going through the same thing. It's NUTS that my dream is coming true right before my eyes. I got nominated for an assignment in SubSaharan Africa. AIDS and HIV education.
Shoot me an email! Ralex003@fiu.edu
-Rachel